August 3, 2010

Obsession

CLOGS

They were huge in the seventies, and celebrated a brief comeback in the late nineties. Get ready to rejoice once again. The clog is back, in all its glory.

I have been obsessed with clogs ever since my mum, funnily enough, discovered that Gorman had started stocking the brand Funkis, who had re-designed the dutch inspired design a few years back. And being half dutch myself, I felt obliged to buy them haha. But seriously, working on my feet all day I needed a comfortable, but of course, stylish pair (or 3) of great day shoes. I didn't catch on until mum had had them for 6 months or so.
Within a week I had 3 pairs. 
They are seriously the most comfortable pair of shoes I own, and with the chunky heel and slight platform rise, it feels like you're wearing flats. 
These clogs are one of a selected few that I don't have to think twice about wearing with anything. I can wear them to work, and not have to change my shoes when I'm heading out to dinner or drinks.
They come in a range of designs, but my favourite are these ones:




The 977 T-Bar Sandal in patent black $139.00

If you're still not convinced, even though you DEFINITELY should be, and you want something with the same comfort, but those heels just aint cutting it. Set your eyes on these babies:



     Chanel S/S 2010 Collection

Yes, they are Chanel, and the price tag is, well, pricey. But you couldn't ask for a better design. The platform heel is once again a saviour. Not just because it's sticking to the trends, but because a platform heel is the heel you want if you suffer from missing nerves, dead toes and numb feet. 
The leather detailing, sitting just below the ankle, will give a smidge, but only to make the comfort factor rise even greater. And the best part is, because they are designed to not be so tight around the foot in the first place, they wont have the chance to give too much so they will never become loose enough that you'll slip out of them.

At US$1600 a pair, you probably don't want to spend so much. Understandable since trends obviously catch on quickly and someone else will, of course, design a pair that sits comfortably in your budget. And you guessed it, I have found the perfect pair!


  
    May. S/S 2010 Collection, the High Heel Clog $199.00

Please don't be put off by the 4 inch heel. It may come as a surprise to some, but they are amazingly easy to walk in! 
May. have designed an amazing pair of clogs here, in a tuscan black or creamy tan, both are great for winter AND summer. Amazingly elevated whilst keeping it super comfy, any shoe lover needs a pair of these STAT.

Clogs are the perfect shoe to fit any outfit. Seriously, ANY outfit. Personally, they are my new thongs or flip flops. Slip them on and go!


No comments:

Post a Comment